Dóttir Yoga & Olive Harvest Retreat in Greece
Join us this autumn in a lovely yoga retreat in Kalamata, Greece!
Kalamata is situated on the southern point of the Peloponnese at the foot of the magnificent Taygetos mountain range and on the stunning coastline of the Messinian bay, with numerous blue flag beaches. A diverse city that is world famous for its Kalamata olives, the Kalamatianos dance and as the starting point of the Greek uprising for independence in 1821. It is a city filled with culture, tradition and history and one of outstanding natural beauty. Kalamata has a cosmopolitan cafe scene, a large central square with shops and many possibilities to pamper yourself with various spa and massage treatments available.
Despite the current economic climate in Greece, Kalamata has benefited from the agricultural sector in this region. As you will see in the landscape, the cultivation and production of olive oil in this area is very important. Everywhere your eyes take you, you will see olive trees! Greece is the 3rd largest producer of olive oil in the world and 35% of this oil is produced in Kalamata region. The olive oil produced here is of a superior quality, the majority being rewarded POP or Extra Virgin status as a result of the quality of the soil and favourable weather conditions.
When: 12th-17th of November 2020
Price: 5200 dkk
– to secure your spot, a deposit of 30% of the price (1560 dkk) must be payed at the moment of the booking. The rest needs to be payed by the end of August 2020.
What is included:
- Two yoga classes a day, lead by Kostis and Karen. One in the morning, one in the evening for all levels (Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin)
- Olive Harvest: We will take you to Kostis’s olive grove for a day of harvesting olives. During the day you will learn the techniques to harvest the olives, with methods that have been handed down from generation to generation. You will have the opportunity to participate with us to harvest the olives, which will be sent to the the olive press the following day. At the olive press you will be able to follow the journey of the olives you harvested and see them turn into olive oil. Here we will present you with 2 litres of freshly produced olive oil, that you helped make, to take home with you – don’t forget to leave space in your suitcase! 🙂
- Accommodation and meals:
– You will stay in a luxury villa in the coastal area of Vergas. The rooms are shared, each with 2 single beds.
– Meals are provided, including lunch packages for excursions. One evening we will arrange dinner in a local traditional tavern. One dinner and one lunch are not included.
- Excursions (your own choice):
– Polylimnio Waterfalls: a trip to the breathtaking waterfalls where you can hike through the lush flora up a series of small pools until you reach the large main pool.
– Ancient Messini: a short drive into the mountains you reach the relatively unheard of, however, a significantly important and pristinely excavated archaeological site.
– Hiking in the Taygetos: there are many ancient walkways into the mountains that are preserved by the Kalamata Mountaineering society. We can undertake the walk that both suits your fitness levels and what you want to see.
- Welcome drink: Upon arrival, a welcome drink will be waiting for you. 🙂
What is NOT included:
– Flight tickets, back and forth
– Transportation for the airport in Athens to Kalamata. You can travel by bus or taxi and the price is around 55 euros (one way/person) and we can arrange that for you. In past retreats, the group chose to rent 2 cars (shared expenses) which we strongly recommend since it’s cheaper and it gives you the freedom to drive around and explore. For that we make a Facebook group and arrange all there.
– Note that there is not medical insurance included so bring with you your international medical blue card just in case.
– One lunch and one dinner are not included.
– Yoga Mat (you will have to bring your own)
– to book your spot, send us an email at email@example.com mentioning which dates you are interested in.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, via email or ask Kostis and Karen and the studio. 🙂
Everyone is welcomed to join our retreat, wether you are a member at the studio or not! #sharingiscaring
We look forward to seeing you in Greece!